Nassau & Suffolk County Construction Site Accident Lawyer

Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Site Accidents

Everyone who works in construction knows that it is a dangerous industry. Issues often surface when contractors, property owners, or other parties ignore safety regulations. Will you know what to do if you are injured on the job? You can rely on the attorneys at Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., for experienced legal counsel. We have been serving New Yorkers in the Long Island area for 40 years. We’ll answer all of your questions and work hard to protect your rights after a construction site injury. Learn more by reading the questions below.

What should I do if I have been in a construction site accident?

You should see seek medical care right away. It’s important to document all of your injuries and how the accident happened. You may also want to contact an attorney to ensure your rights are protected in your workers’ compensation case and in any third-party personal injury case you may have.

Is workers’ compensation enough to cover the cost of a construction site injury?

That depends on the type of injury and the type of work you do. Construction involves heavy manual labor so even a relatively minor injury could prevent you from returning to work. Of course, catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord or brain injuries may prevent you from returning to a job of any kind.

Workers’ compensation benefits do not compensate you for all of your damages and are often not enough to make up for losses in a construction accident. You should speak with a lawyer to find out if you have a third-party personal injury case in which you may be compensated for your injury, pain, suffering and the permanent effects of your injuries upon you.

How much compensation could I get if I file a personal injury lawsuit?

If a negligent third party caused your accident, you may be able to file a personal injury suit, also called a third-party claim. This is separate from your workers’ compensation case. Damages recoverable in a personal injury lawsuit are different and broader than those received in a workers’ compensation claim and are valued by a “schedule” like in workers’ compensation but are determined by what is fair and reasonable.

Depending on the case, you may be entitled to damages for:

  • Your injury
  • Pain and suffering
  • Long-term medical care
  • Continuing and permanent pain and suffering
  • Disruption of your daily activities

An attorney can evaluate your case and help you determine what type of damages you may be entitled to.

Free Consultation To Discuss Your Case

Learn more about construction accident cases today. Please call our Garden City office at 516-484-4010 or contact us online. Se habla español.

Miller, Montiel, & Strano, P.C. help clients with their construction site accident claims throughout New York including Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, and Brooklyn.